Warning:

WARNING: If taken in large doses, nightshade can be deadly.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Heartsick

One of my friend's from back home is experiencing something that absolutely no parent should ever have to experience.....the loss of her two-year old daughter.

I never met her little girl.  I've seen her pictures.  She was absolutely beautiful.  She looked a lot like her mother, and if she had even a quarter of her mother's personality, spunk, and optimism, then this world has lost something precious and rare and we are all worse off for it.  

I can't begin to imagine what my friend going through.  I just can't.  I look at my precious babies and the thought of life without one of them instantly makes me physically ill.  My friend is living that reality now, and I wish there was something that I, or anyone, could do to alleviate the devastation she must feel.  I hope that the outpouring of love and support that is coming from everyone who knows them will provide at least a little comfort to the family in the time to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment