Warning:

WARNING: If taken in large doses, nightshade can be deadly.

Monday, May 2, 2011

BREAKING: Osama Bin Laden's Death Causes Massive Stupidity Outbreak on Facebook

First off, I'm just going to take a moment here to appreciate the justice served by Osama Bin Laden's death. 

........

Now I'm going to take another moment to breathe deeply and relax so that I don't do something rash - like mass delete 3/4 of my Facebook friends list - because apparently even more of my friends and family are racist, completely ignorant of our political process, unreasonable, or some combination of those three things, than I originally realized. 

But wow....Osama's death really brought the crazy. 

I'm quite used to a few of these peoples' inane ramblings.....generally about shit they know absolutely nothing about....but the sheer number of folks posting about Obama being sad that Osama died, hoping that he was shot next, having a fit because this is going to go down in history as an achievement for his presidency.  Wow. 

I have to say though, I find it maddeningly ironic that the same people having a fit about Obama getting credit for Osama's death are the very same people that insist on Obama taking the blame for the House of Representatives being entitled jackasses about the national budget. 

*sigh*  I'm going to go spend some time on my favorite political board.  Where even if we don't agree politically, at least the conservatives there actually understand political process and form coherent arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment