Warning:

WARNING: If taken in large doses, nightshade can be deadly.

Monday, June 13, 2011

It's that time again....

Today is the last day of school for my boys.  Summertime is officially upon me. 



I'm looking forward to the break in routine, the flexibility of schedule, and the family trips that we always take during the summer, getting to spend some time with my kids that doesn't involve school work or preparation for the next school day, swimming, camping, and most of all; my week and a half to myself that I will be getting in July.




I'm not looking forward to the increase in grocery bills, the fact that the kids get up two hours earlier when they don't have school (even though I have to drag them out of their beds kicking and screaming at 8 o'clock when they do), and the increase in tension and throw-down brawls we have when all four of us are in close quarters for a longer period of time then, say.........10 minutes. 



Also, this is shaping up to be a ridiculously hot summer.  So.  If you happen to drive by my house, and I'm in my swimsuit laid out in my kids' blow-up pool....................don't judge me

No comments:

Post a Comment