Warning:

WARNING: If taken in large doses, nightshade can be deadly.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Hangover II and Bad Teacher

The Hangover II:

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I like this movie.  (And the first one)  But I do.   I know, I know, it's raunchy and over-the-top, and it has Zach Galifi-gobblitygook in it.....which would normally get it an eye-roll and an exasperated sigh from me.  But apparently this movie either has just the right combination of humor, raunch, and Bradley Cooper to entertain me.........or living in a house with four guys has severely damaged by sense of humor.  Maybe a little of both?

I still really dislike Zach Galificky-doo-dah-day, though.

I really like the friendship between Stu and Phil.  I think that the next installment should be them teaming up to purposely leave Alan somewhere remote and scary.  How many times does it take for someone to drug you before you sell them to the Thai sex slavers?

And can I just say, these guys have amazingly passive wives/fiancees.

Speaking of wives, I would like to take this moment to express my sympathy to Ken Jeong's.  Wow.  My husband laughingly told me that Mr. Chow's penis looked more like a nipple than anything........and he was right.  Holy Crap.  It was small enough that he could very well slip and poke her in the pee hole.  (Yes, I know it's technically called the urethra, ok?)

Bad Teacher:

Apparently, I am in the mood for raunchy movies lately.  This movie had a lot of potential.  I really wanted to like it.  And I guess it was alright, but I wouldn't tell anyone else to waste money for a theater ticket to see it.  (I'm really glad that I wasted the money though, because there was a guy behind me who kept a running commentary through the whole flick, and he was hilarious!!)  There were several really funny scenes, but there were several more scenes where they just tried so hard that it fell really flat.

Justin Timberlake's character was just weird.  Not funny at all.  Which was disappointing, because I know that he can be really funny.  Jason Segel was absolutely the best thing about this movie.  I just wish he would have had more screen time.  Cameron Dias delivered as best she could with what she was given.

The dry humping scene was just strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment