Warning:

WARNING: If taken in large doses, nightshade can be deadly.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Ha, there may be hope for me yet.....

When I was little, I became completely enamored with this movie called "Clan of the Cave Bear".  Between the ages of about 7 and 9, I watched "Clan of the Cave Bear" and the "Labyrinth" over and over again every single day.

Can you imagine how long my mother must have had the "Magic Dance" song in her head?!  Sorry Mom.

Once I got a little older, I bought and read Clan of the Cave Bear (and the three books that followed it - Valley of the Horses, The Mammoth Hunters, and The Plains of Passage).  I loved the series.  Quite a few years later, I found and read the fifth installment of the series, The Shelters of Stone.  And for quite a few more years, I've been increasingly disappointed because I thought that Jean M. Auel was going to leave the story unfinished. 

But, lo and behold, Ms. Auel has finally released The Land of the Painted Caves!  Ten years after the release of The Shelters of Stone......and a grand total of 31 years after she first released Clan of the Cave Bear

Makes me feel a little bit better about the fact that I've been diddling away at my story for just under a year and only have 63 pages. 

Writer's block is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment