Warning:

WARNING: If taken in large doses, nightshade can be deadly.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What can I say...there's not a lot going on here.

I know I watch a lot of movies.  But really....books and movies are my only hobbies right now.  Personally, I think they are pretty damn good ones.  At least I won't be saddling my kids with some ginormous (and completely useless) rock collection when I die.

The other night I watched a movie called Chloe....

   
Basically, it's a tamer, lesbian version of Fatal Attraction.

It was good.  Julianne Moore's character has an extremely flirtatious husband (played by Liam Neeson) and she comes across reasons to believe that he is cheating on her.....soooo, she does what any sane woman would do.  Hire a prostitute to come onto him to see if he is willing to sleep with her...then sleep with said prostitute to get back at him.  What could possibly go wrong in this scenario? 

"You are so lucky that you don't have a rabbit I can boil."

I also watched "Brothers" with Natalie Portman, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Tobey Maguire.  It was an excellent, and very heartbreaking,story about a Marine and his family.  He goes to Afghanistan, where his helicopter is shot down.  The military tells his family that he is dead, but he actually was taken prisoner, tortured, starved and made to do incredibly horrible things until he is rescued.  When he comes home, reintegrating with his family that he thinks has moved on from him proves to be more than he can handle.  It's a seriously heartbreaking movie.   



Both of these movies are on Netflix Instant Streaming, if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment