Warning:

WARNING: If taken in large doses, nightshade can be deadly.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Red Riding Hood

Today I snuck out for a while to see Red Riding Hood.


I thought it might be good, with some slightly cheesy lines and I had my doubts about getting my hopes up for another Catherine Hardwicke film after she screwed up Twilight so horribly.  But it had Gary Oldman....who I don't think I've ever seen do a bad movie.....and Amanda Seyfried and Billy Burke, who've both take part in some questionable movies but generally shined in their roles regardless.

Seriously, Amanda Seyfried was the only redeeming quality in this crapfest.


So I gave it a shot.  I'm so glad I did.

It was very good!  It was a good story, with a decent amount of suspense, and a nice twist at the end.   And aesthetically is was probably the most beautiful film I've watched since House of Flying Daggers or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. 

So, I guess what I should take away from this is:  one horrible, blue tinted adaptation of a beloved book into film should not blacklist a director forever (especially since she probably had Stephanie Meyers breathing down her neck through the whole thing). 

No comments:

Post a Comment