Warning:

WARNING: If taken in large doses, nightshade can be deadly.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Big Road Trip: Day One

I have a dream.  It's something that I've wanted to do since I was in high school.

I want to go on a cross-country road trip with my two best friends. 

I want to do this for many reasons.  Because I miss the old days when we'd pack into my old Nissan Maxima station wagon (with a sunroof!) and drive to the beach, to my Dad's, around our hometown 1000 times on a Friday night.  Because I road trips are the epitome of freedom; where to go, how to get there, what to do on the way, it's all completely up to the traveler.  And mainly, because I LOVE the West, and I want to share the experience of being there with my friends....and also so the crazy looks will stop when I gush about how badly I want to live there. You can see all the pictures and movies in the world that show you the West, but until you stand beside the Grand Canyon, or you put your hand on a Redwood tree, or you listen to the waves of the Pacific hit the cliffs of the coast............you just don't feel it like it should be felt.

So.  I'm saving my money.  By then end of the year, I will have $1500 set back for this trip, even more by the time we finally get to go.  And I'm going to detail my tentative plan for our big road trip over several posts.

Day One:  We will leave South Georgia and head to New Orleans.  Not a very long trip, in comparison, but a good way to ease us into trip.

We're gonna peruse the French Quarter and be all tourist-y.  Try to find a restaurant that both me and Krystle can eat at.  Seeing as she's allergic to shell fish and I'm allergic to the peppers in most Cajun seasoning, this might be an exercise in futility.

Maybe see if we can hunt down celebrity houses....don't Sandra Bullock and Brangelina live there now?

And we'll buy Mardi Gras masks to commemorate our stop.






















No comments:

Post a Comment